Tuesday, October 3, 2017

How to Grow Longer, Stronger Nails Naturally - It's easier than you think!

Growing strong and long nails is actually easier than you think. If your someone who gets regular manicures or even just paints their nails themselves at home, stop! Those are the things that are making your natural nails week and brittle. If you don't think you can forgo getting your nails done, then you might want to stop reading lol.

These are my natural nails:

I've always received compliments and comments on my nails since junior high, mostly from people wondering how I manage to keep them long and "thick looking", as they would say. Well, first things first. I never ever get my nails done. No gel or acrylic nails. secondly, I hardly ever wear nail polish. When I do, it's usually just for that special event and then i remove the polish the next day and follow up with a moisturizing cream cream, I like this one by CeraVe. Rough, dry cuticles aren't cute and it's important to keep them moisturized for overall nail health. 


Think about it, nail polish, acrylic nails, gel nails, polish removers; all those things are riddled with chemicals that weaken your nails. This leads to brittle dry nails that are thin and therefore break easily. I discovered early on that every time i would wear nail polish my nails would split, chip and eventually break. I decided to give my nails a long break from polishes and within a few months, my nails were back to their healthy strong selves. 

There's other things you can do to help strengthen your nails from the inside, taking supplements of vitamin D, Biotin and Calcium really helps as well. If you just can't forgo getting a manicure, make sure to take vitamins daily and drink plenty or water. If you apply all the steps I've listen above, you will see huge improvements to your nails overall health in about 3 months. 


If you decided to try this out, let me know in the comments how it worked for you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...